

Though Ella has seen a dusting of snow before, she's never seen anything like this! I wish I had a picture of her reaction when we went into her room this morning and opened her curtains...it embodied the phrase "kid in a candy store". She looked out the window, looked back at us, then said "Snow...is it prerry?" (translation: pretty). When she realized that we could go outside to play in it, it was no holds barred. We couldn't get her dressed fast enough!

Natalie was less than enthused with the cold weather. Bundled up with her sleeper and a bunting, she was OK as long as she was being held. We did attempt to sit her down in the snow for a bit, but once she discovered she couldn't crawl in it, she was quite finished! On the positive side, she took a great nap once she came in!

Here are just a few more random pictures to show just how much fun we all had outside today...including a few fun ones of me and my man!





The only way to entice Ella back inside the house was to promise her a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode! She had a blast, and begged to go back outside all day long. After all was said and done, she relaxed with her water and Mickey Mouse, and we all enjoyed sitting in the warm house!
2 comments:
Oh how fun!!!! Ella is so cute loving the sno! and Nattie looks like a little snow bunny! how cute! ahh..wish i was there to enjoy it with ya'll! And Tara..good job on the snow angel! Hugs from aunt Bef!
Tara.
Thanks so much for coming over from Carisa's blog to encourage me and introduce yourself. I can't tell you how much her post touched me and I just thank you for reaching out to me.
Your little ones are so cute. We are also in NC and had great fun in the snow last week. I enjoyed reading your blog and will certainly be back again.
I will tell you that I really enjoyed Isabelle going to Kindergarten and First grade in traditional school, but that was because we were at a charter school, which had a very low teacher/child ratio and was very small. It felt, at times, more like a co-op than a public charter school.
Part of me, however, believes that this entire process would have been smoother and easier if we had done homeschool from the start. It is a tough decision, but I think sometimes we doubt ourselves so much that it is hard for us to imagine that we could be the best thing for our kids in school bc we lack confidence. I know that is the case for me.
I have been slowly coming to the realization that God wants me to let him be the center of our school and then I don't have to lack confidence bc he is in control. It is a daily struggle to not let doubt sweep the day away from me, but then He uses unexpected things, like Carisa's blog and your comments to help me feel his presence.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)
Blessings,
Laurie
Post a Comment