Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas - Part 2

After Christmas, we headed down to Augusta, GA to visit my dad and his wife, Pat for a few days. This was our first road trip with both girls, and it went much better than we anticipated. The only down side was it took us about 6 hours to make a little over 4 hour trip. Most of that was stopping half-way through the trip for a long lunch, nursing session, and potty/stretch legs break, but still! Poor Gerry didn't know what he was in for with three females in the car!

Once in GA, we had such a wonderful time! Not only did we get some quality time with Daddy and Pat, but my sister Beth and her hubby Wes were also there. Ella spent most of the first day just running around the house telling everyone HELLO! repeatedly. Once we settled in, we got the pleasure of enjoying Christmas all over again! Here are some pics...






We had a wonderful time, and hated to leave, but were definitely ready to get back in the swing of our usual routine at home. By the time we were packing up to leave, Natalie was so tired that she just crashed right in her Granna's lap!!



It's funny how with the first baby, I was so anxious for her to be mobile...I just thought it would be so much fun! With the second, though, I was in no rush. Natalie, though, had her own ideas. She's been dying to be able to get to what she wants, and started crawling a couple of weeks ago. Not just crawling, but full out run-crawling to get where she wants to go! No matter how many people are in a room, if one of them leaves, she chases them down to find out what's going on. Her newest fascination is Ella's piano, much to Ella's initial chagrin.

Natalie has also begun trying some finger food as her coordination improves. I tried some bananas with her this week, and she seemed to like them! She still ends up with food on her face most of the time, though.
Lest you think that I love Natalie more than Ella because there are so many more pics of her, let me assure you that is NOT the case! Ella is very interested in what is behind the camera, and is therefore very difficult to get a picture of nowadays! Every now and then I manage to catch her unaware, and can get a great pic before she comes running to play with the camera!
That's all for now, but I won't let it go so long next time! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

wesleyandbeth said...

Awe, that was such a fun time!! good pic of dad and Pat too!! Love my girls!

pjw said...

You can see the excitment on Ella's face. Wish I could have been there to play with her, too. We saw a few "flakes" but nothing else. Bummer. love ya.