Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Birthday! (Belated...)

My sweet girls are another year older, and I'm quickly watching them grow up right before my very eyes. I remember my mom saying that the older you get, the faster time goes, but I never really understood that until I had children. As happy as it makes me to watch them grow and learn, it breaks my heart that my babies aren't babies anymore. Before I start sobbing all over my laptop keyboard and the screen goes black, let me share some pictures from the girls' birthday party!

Since both girls absolutely love the PBS show "Curious George" and are obsessed with the books as well, it was a fairly easy decision to do a monkey themed birthday party. I've made cupcakes for every birthday so far, and will continue to do so unless they beg me not to (and then I'll probably do it anyway!). These were the first that I attempted to decorate, and boy was it fun!



Nothing makes a girl happier than a cupcake with chocolate on top!

Both girls were all smiles all evening...I don't know why! :)

The cupcakes looked really cute, but dismantling them proved a bit challenging. Luckily, the girls were up for the challenge!

The girls loved opening their gifts, and for the first time, we really enjoyed looking through all the gifts and opening them together. Ella's buddy, Asher, helped her open her gifts and she really enjoyed working together with him to get into the presents. Natalie relied on Mommy to help her through the wrapping, but had fun with the bags and tissue paper.

One of their favorite gifts were pink, sparkly princess shoes! Don't get between a girl and her shoes!


All in all, a very successful birthday party with two very tired little girls when all was said and done. They slept really well that night, and so did we!


No comments: