Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Summer Rewind - Ella's VBS Experience!

Let the summer rewind begin! Since I've gotten so behind with my blog posts, I'm going to do some catch-up posts at least once a week to get everyone caught up on the goings on of our summer. Enjoy!

This year was Ella's first full-week experience at Vacation Bible School at our church. We tried it with her at 2 years old, but she really wasn't quite ready at that point. This year she absolutely LOVED it!


She still hung close to Mommy during the evening praise & worship, but as soon as the group went to their classes, she went willingly and had a wonderful time!

On the last night of VBS, all of the kids got up on the stage by age group and performed a song they'd learned during the week. Ella's class did "This Little Light of Mine", but in a much more updated, fun way! You can tell she was loving being up on the stage!

Sweet Natalie was so tired, but was such a trooper to sit through the performances and watch her big sis singing her heart out. She even got up to dance for the songs before she really got tired!

On Sunday morning, the kids all got the chance to show off their songs for the congregation. Ella was so excited to be up on stage, and she really enjoyed singing with her friends!


The theme for the VBS was "Crocodile Dock" and so, of course, there was a crocodile at the church every night. Ella was very stand-off-ish with him for the bulk of the week, but on the very last night, she mustered up the gumption to give him a high five. She was so excited to have her picture taken with him after the night's ceremonies!
It's hard to watch my baby growing up so fast, but I'm so proud of her. She's come a long way, and is learning so fast that it's scary sometimes. I love to watch her enjoying church, and it makes my heart swell to hear her little voice singing her Sunday School songs. I pray that as she hides His word in her heart even now, it will stay there with her forever!

1 comment:

wesleyandbeth said...

Wow...I sure do wish I could be there for those moments. I miss the girls! love you